It started when JM left to visit his fam last week, and his departure roughly corresponded with the arrival of our new, but too big, dryer. I took a circular saw and a jig saw to the countertop, and voila, it now fits. Other projects have involved hanging a pot rack in our kitchen (see pic below), replacing pvc pipes under the basement sink (which involved the very stinky pvc cement), and adding a shelf to our pantry. And then today, I put on a dust mask and vacuumed the excess insulation out of our attic, from where we had it blown in a month ago--a huge energy saver, and also a huge mess.
The rack and the new shelf have brought much-needed order to our kitchen, and as soon as I buy some giant garbage bags, I'll finish the attic job by filling those bags with clothes and other stuff we don't use and taking them off to goodwill. I admit too that I am now eying our tiny half bath its ugly little sink and its cheap linoleum that covers what we know to be a pretty pine floor, and I wouldn't be surprised if I found myself checking prices on sander rentals. All of this order will allow me to more properly get my sabbatical on.