As was probably evident from my previous post, the Pitchfork music festival was really, really great. So great that blogos is going to give a few little awards. Feel free to add your own!
- still rolling around in my head, four days later: Fleet Foxes
- best food stand, hands down: Chicago Diner. Though this may not be fair since I kept going back and therefore did not try the other yummy-looking food. I mean: A music festival with thai noodles and indian plates? Forget it. The vegan ice cream cones get second place, and also the beer.
- biggest surprise rockin' performance: the Dodo's (yes, that's how they punctuate it. those indie kids!)
- best swag: saucony (I think) was distributing sweatbands that said "winner" or "loser." we got one of each. Practical!
- most English professor friendly: Vampire Weekend. They sing about oxford commas and mansard roofs, for crying out loud.
- Least thorough bag checker: ours, on Saturday. She was too busy squawking about how tall my and John's kids are going to be that she didn't even care that our water bottles were sealed.
- Most thorough bag checker: ours, on Sunday. All those people who breezed by the bag checkers with bongs and weed and whatnot have us decoys to thank. Our guy unrolled each anorak and dug down in every pocket in my backpack. And there are many.
- Best recovery: Dodo's lead singer Meric Long, whose chair broke while he was rocking out (see above, number 3), and who continued to sing while laying on the floor until they brought him another chair.