1. the premise, a comedian with a terminal disease, is pretty clever. it seems like it's born directly from kenneth burke's "perspective by incongruity." but maybe that's just because i happen to be writing about that idea at the mo.
2. adam sandler does cruel as well as he does funny.
3. jonah hill is the big treat of the movie. god, that kid is hilarious. and his eyes are so blue!
4. judd apatow outdoes himself on the dick-and-ball jokes. as E! said in a phone convo today, "I like a good dick-and-ball joke." and these are quite funny.
5. why don't more movies incorporate stand-up comedy?
6. why does seth rogen always look like he has a tidy wad of skoal underneath his lower lip? srsly. it's even more pronounced now that he's lost weight.
7. kudos to judd apatow for finally having a relatively interesting woman character (i'm thinking here of daisy). next time he ought to consider giving the interesting woman more screen time.
8. wilco with the great product placement!
9. in addition to the dick-and-ball joke, judd apatow has also mastered the roommate fight. well done.