1. This was the first Thanksgiving dinner that JM and I have ever hosted, and I declare it a success. Everything was in top form, and nothing failed.
2. I finally mastered mashed potatoes. The trick? A potato ricer. (And lots of cream and butter.)
3. All hail the brine (and the briner).
4. (On moving): To the person who is usually on the side of keeping rather than throwing out things that the other person in the couple thinks are useless, stick to your guns, unless there is a replacement in your future. I still can't believe I gave in on the muffin tins.
5. And so our stuffing muffins became just stuffing. Effing delicious stuffing--in fact, my favorite thing on the table--but still.
6. Dear Nancy, your port-cranberry sauce is exquisite. A delectable reminder of last year's thanksgiving goodness. love, debbie
7. CM's flying biscuit biscuits are the closest thing we have to a tradition. And she did not let us down, oh no she did not.
8. Who knew applesauce was so easy? Not I. But I vow to make it regularly when local apples are available.
9. Drizzling maple syrup on while the vegetables are roasting? Why yes, that works very, very well.
10. Thumbs up on carrot cake (recipe from the Grit in Athens, GA) as a post-thanksgiving-movie meal.